Tranquility Day Spa and Salon is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Hairstylist to join our Salon team. We are looking for the BEST and Brightest!! We are hiring career-minded, experienced stylists to join our team. Tranquility Day Spa and Salon is a commission-based salon serving an amazing clientele and employing some of the highest-paid stylists in the area.
Our team environment is centered around safety, compassion, joy, humility, and kindness. We have a zero-tolerance policy for drama and ensure that our salon is always a positive environment. We are committed to helping our stylists succeed professionally, by providing the support and opportunities necessary to help them reach their full potential.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in the hair industry and a passion for delivering exceptional hair services to each client. Someone with an ability to build a loyal following and grow their client base with strong marketing skills would be a great fit.OUR CULTURE
“Sharing love and compassion through Beauty.”
Tranquility was born out of the vision to serve each other, our guests, and our community. We care deeply about every single guest's experience and that our team members thrive, in every area of their life.
Everyone wants to make a difference in this world. We believe that we do this by sharing love, compassion, kindness, and grace with each guest and each other every day.
At Tranquility, we honor God and each other through treating each other and our guests with the utmost respect, basing our decisions on integrity, conducting ourselves with professionalism and lending a helping hand to all in need.
Since 1997, Tranquility has strived to excel with this vision at the forefront of everything we do. Each member of our staff has a servant's heart, giving their time and attention to our clients and each other. Our goal is to create an environment that clearly shows kindness, respect, integrity, gratitude, faith, and professionalism.
A successful Hairstylist will be passionate about our vision and embrace it every day. If you feel that your passion lines up with our vision and that this position is perfect for you, we would love to hear from you.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with clients to determine their hair care needs and recommend services and treatments.
- Cut, color, style and finish hair to meet client's specifications.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and professional environment for clients.
- Keep up to date with the latest hair styling techniques and trends.
- Clean and maintain salon equipment and work area.
- Provide excellent customer service, build client relationships, and promote repeat business.
- Performs administrative duties as needed: welcoming guests, escorting clients to lounge and/or treatment areas.
- Attends all staff meetings, promotional events, and marketing efforts throughout the facility.
- Participates in ongoing salon education.
- Attains a general knowledge and understanding of all services and products to educate guests.
- Valid VA state license
- Possess strong sales orientation
- Passion for hair styling and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Have a proven track record as a hair stylist
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Provide superior hair services to clients
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet the demands of a busy salon
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Commission based pay.
- Paid vacation and sick pay.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Retirement Plan / Simple IRA.
- Great employee discounts.
- Salon Education and Training: Professional Development, Advanced Education Courses
- One on One Coaching.
- The Life Languages Program on Communication IQ: Personal coaching and education with a college professor. This program will assess your current type and level of communication and our coach will work with you to help you reach a higher level of communication with our guests and your fellow team members.